*Please note we use the terms parent/parental to indicate any parent or guardian of a student
Students under the age of 13 require parental consent to use Ziplet, to comply with COPPA.
There are two methods for generating consent:
- Students sign up, and indicate they are under 13. They are prompted to enter a parent email address, and the parent will receive an email that explains Ziplet, with a form to provide consent.
- Teachers can indicate that they have obtained parental consent by another method (e.g. a take-home form). When adding a student to your class, you will be prompted to confirm that students are either over 13, or that you have obtained consent.
Manually provide consent for students in your class
- In Home, click the members icon
- Click the three dots on the right of the student for whom you wish to provide consent (the user will be labelled as “consent pending”)
- Click Confirm parent consent
- The student user will now have immediate access to their Ziplet account and your class