From October 23 2023, Google Workspace for Education admin approval is required for all users under 18 to access third party applications with Google, including Ziplet. This change aims to better protect student data and privacy, which Ziplet fully supports.
To learn more about this change go to the Google support guide.
When Ziplet is blocked, your students will see one of the following messages when trying to sign in to Ziplet with Google:
Access Blocked: Your institution's admin needs to review Ziplet
An error has occurred: Access to your account data is restricted by policies within your organization
To resolve this problem, contact your Google Workspace admin with a link to this page, or complete the request in Ziplet asking them to configure access.
For Google Workspace for Education admins
Ziplet is the easiest way for teachers to check-in with students and supports a range of teaching strategies including digital exit tickets, daily bellringer and SEL checks.
Ziplet is a verified Google app and only requests basic profile information required for students to sign in with Google.
To configure Ziplet as a trusted third-party app:
- Go to the intro page of the guided experience (note: you must be a Google Admin to access this)
- Click Continue to view the first step, Confirm settings for unconfigured third-party apps
- Choose your preferred option
- Go to App access control to review the apps and their settings
- Select Ziplet from your app list OR click Add app => OAuth App Name or Client ID, then search for Ziplet
- Select all OAuth Client IDs to confirm settings for web, iOS and Android
- Select the org units to configure access for
- Set Ziplet to Trusted
- Review the confirmation information, then click Finish then Confirm.
Additional Resources from Google
- Confirm your third-party app settings by October 23, 2023